In this week's episode, I talk to Stuart Barr - Chief Product & Strategy Officer at HighQ (part of Thomson Reuters). We discuss what it takes to build and sell a legal platform and how to ensure customers see value from the product, as well as the move towards a single 'legal operating system'.
Topics of discussion
- Is LegalTech a thing?
- Defining a legal platform
- Benefits of a toolkit platform vs. point solution
- Challenges of selling a platform
- The move towards productised solution templates
- How to ensure clients see value from a platform
- Measuring and demonstrating ROI
- Structuring a product team to build a platform
- The importance of integrations
- Market consolidation
- What next for legal platforms?